- sc feels a little verbose. the proliferation of brackets & parentheses has always bugged me, but creating busses for each signal redirection feels like a lot. there's probably a trick for that which I have yet to learn.
- preamp: http://www.richardmudhar.com/blog/piezo-contact-microphone-hi-z-amplifier-low-noise-version/
- spectral compressor-expander is PV_Compander from the sc3-plugins package. I'm not sure how the arguments work but the examples are useful.
- the handling noises aren't very audible in the transducer output (and it's great)
- I'm looking forward to getting to the more algorithmic part of supercollider
- tuning in to @draco's supercollider stream now to absorb some scsynth knowledge 💡
@dried thanks! yes, the signal routing is a pain... I'm trying to get to more generative, less deterministic ways of using SC myself.
My mojo is kinda low at the moment, I had a host of problems both with SC and computer audio in general earlier today. Maybe I just need some rest.
@draco thank you for the stream! I liked the music that played out at the end.
I haven't seen those pattern objects that you were using near the end, I'll have to do some research on those
@dried I'll share the code tomorrow! Or the day after tomorrow, or whenever I get over the frustrations of today.
@dried that said, the pattern library is vast and sometimes confusing and you can nest things to ththigh heavens. I'm probably using just a tiny fraction of it.
SoNoMu (Sound Noise Music) is a mastodon instance for musicians, sound-artists, producers of any kind of aural noise, songwriters, bedroom producers, sonic manglers and algorave livecoders. -> more...